The Australian Tax Handbook
Published continuously since 1955, The Australian Tax Handbook is a convenient volume covering the full spectrum of income tax law and related taxes. It features clear overviews, concise explanations and worked examples to make the tax system easier to understand and apply in practice.
The 2015 edition of this premier tax reference book has a logical chapter arrangement focusing on making working life easier for practitioners. With clearly set out core tax principles supported by numerous worked examples, The Australian Tax Handbook 2015 highlights all the important changes over the last 12 months, and provides updated commentary on the various Government proposals arising from the Federal election. The traditional strength in providing greater depth of coverage ensures The Australian Tax Handbook remains the premier tax research book available to today’s market.
- States the law as at 1 January 2015 and covers proposed changes to tax law outstanding at that date.
- Comprehensive coverage of income tax law, regulation and practice and related taxes, presented in a concise, easy-to-read format.
- Clear explanations and practical analysis supported by numerous worked examples.
- Logical organisation and structure tiered commentary, with clear overviews and introductions leading to deeper analysis of specific tax topics.
- Quick reference tools such as tax rates and tables, checklists.
- Helps you to gain a practical understanding of tax law and regulation and its application to a wide range of client tax issues.
- Provides a complete picture of the Australian tax system in a compact single volume.
- Answers common questions you face from clients.
- Highlights of all the important changes over the last developments.
- Worked examples help you easily apply the analysis to your issues.
- Easy to navigate and quickly locate answers to your questions.
- Gives fast access to related information from other Thomson Reuters' services.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters' ProView™ eReader.
To keep pace with developments throughout the year, subscribe to The Australian Tax Handbook online – updated quarterly.
• Learn from authors (who have been sourced from accounting and legal firms, corporates and academia) who have knowledge, skills and experience to impart a practical analysis of tax law and its application to a wide range of client issues;
• Keep your knowledge up to date in all areas of income tax areas and other indirect taxes
• Easily navigate through the contents for clear, practical, and easy to use explanations of tax law, regulation and practice that provide answers to your questions fast;
• Have key deadlines and calculations at your fingertips;
• Link to related information in other Thomson Reuters’ services for further support;
• Keep pace with all tax related Bills, rulings, determinations, cases, announcements and other developments throughout the year with the Australian Tax Handbook online - updated quarterly.