The Australian Tax Handbook 2019
The Australian Tax Handbook 2019
eBook - ProView
The Australian Tax Handbook 2019 - eBook
The Australian Tax Handbook 2019-Book+eBook
This product is also available by subscription online and print.
Click here to pre-order the 2020 edition - Available January 2020
The Australian Tax Handbook
Published since 1955, The Australian Tax Handbook covers the full spectrum of income tax law and related taxes. This Australian tax guide features clear overviews, concise explanations and worked examples to make the tax system easier to understand and apply in practice.
The 2019 edition of this tax reference book has a logical chapter arrangement focusing on making working life easier for practitioners. With clearly set out core tax principles supported by numerous worked examples, The Australian Tax Handbook 2019 highlights all the important changes over the last 12 months. The traditional strength in providing greater depth of coverage ensures The Australian Tax Handbook remains the premier tax guide and tax reference available to today’s market.
What's New in the Australian Tax Handbook
- $20,000 instant asset write-off threshold for SBEs extended by 12 months to 30 June 2019
- Modifications to the rules governing whether shares or trust interests qualify as active assets for the purposes of the small business CGT concessions
- Immediate deduction for fodder storage assets first used for a taxable purpose after 18 August 2018
- Companies with aggregated turnover under $50m taxed at 30% if at least 80% of assessable income is passive income
- New tax offset from 2018-19 for middle income earners – the low and middle income tax offset
- Full Federal Court decision that marriage breakdown CGT roll-over relief not available where CGT asset transferred to a third party at the direction of the former spouse.
Australian Tax Handbook Preorder Bonus
As an added bonus for purchasing before 31 December 2018*, you are entitled to the PDF Archive content library, included at no charge. The Tax Archive library contains PDF versions of The Australian Tax Handbook and Australian Tax Legislation for the 2006–2017 editions, where available, and will be emailed to the purchaser in early January 2019.
* Offer only available for the book, ebook and book/eBook bundle.
Australian Tax Handbook Features
- States the law as at 1 January 2019 and covers proposed changes to tax law.
- Comprehensive coverage of income tax law, tax regulation and practice and related taxes, presented in a concise, easy-to-read format, ideal for a quick tax reference.
- Clear explanations and practical analysis supported by numerous worked examples.
- Quick reference tools such as tax rates and tables, checklists.
Australian Tax Handbook Benefits
- Helps you to gain a practical understanding of Australian tax law and regulation and its application to a wide range of client tax issues.
- Provides a complete picture of the Australian tax system in a compact single volume.
- Answers common questions you face from clients.
- Worked examples to help you easily apply the analysis to your issues.
- Easy to navigate and quickly locate answers to your questions.
- Gives fast access to related information from other Thomson Reuters' services.