The Australian Tax Handbook 2023
This product is also available by subscription online.
The Australian Tax Handbook
Published since 1955, The Australian Tax Handbook covers the full spectrum of income tax law and related taxes. This Australian tax guide features clear overviews, concise explanations and worked examples to make the tax system easier to understand and apply in practice.
The 2023 edition of this tax reference book has a logical chapter arrangement focusing on making working life easier for practitioners. With clearly set out core tax principles supported by numerous worked examples, The Australian Tax Handbook 2023 highlights all the important changes over the last 12 months. The traditional strength in providing greater depth of coverage ensures The Australian Tax Handbook remains the premier tax guide and tax reference available to today’s market.
What's New in the Australian Tax Handbook 2023
- Temporary full expensing and loss carry back extended until 30 June 2023
- FBT exemption for zero or low emission vehicles
- Small and medium businesses – bonus 20% deduction for expenditure on training and digital operations
- Low and middle income tax offset no longer available
- ATO updates its views on Div 7A and unpaid present entitlements
- High Court case on disclaiming entitlement to trust income
Australian Tax Handbook Features
- States the law as at 1 January 2023 and covers proposed changes to tax law.
- Comprehensive coverage of income tax law, tax regulation and practice and related taxes, presented in a concise, easy-to-read format, ideal for a quick tax reference.
- Clear explanations and practical analysis supported by numerous worked examples.
- Quick reference tools such as tax rates and tables, checklists.
Australian Tax Handbook Benefits
- Helps you to gain a practical understanding of Australian tax law and regulation and its application to a wide range of client tax issues.
- Provides a complete picture of the Australian tax system in a compact single volume.
- Answers common questions you face from clients.
- Worked examples to help you easily apply the analysis to your issues.
- Easy to navigate and quickly locate answers to your questions.
- Gives fast access to related information from other Thomson Reuters' services.