This service publishes the full text of all income tax decisions by Australian courts and tribunals, as well as other relevant taxes, including GST, sales tax, payroll tax, stamp duties and land tax.
Judgments delivered by the Supreme Court are available digitally when released by the courts.
All decisions include detailed catchwords and headnotes to make researching taxation case law as effortless as possible. Case headnotes are written by legal and accounting practitioners and provide a succinct and accurate summary of the legal reasoning behind each decision, which is invaluable for the busy practitioner.
Bound volumes and index available separately. Bound volume contents include:
- Table of cases reported
- Table of cases judicially considered
- Table of statutes judicially considered
- Classified table of cases reported
- Conversion table ATC to ATR
- Court cases (including headnotes)
- AAT cases (including headnotes)
Back sets can also be arranged upon request. Please contact your account manager or call 1800 074 333 for details.
Chronological collection of cases arranged by year of judgment and volume number. All reported cases have headnotes specifically written from a tax perspective. Includes tables and catchword based indexing.
- Income tax
- tax-related bankruptcy case
- tax-related financial regulation and planning cases
- and other tax related cases of "interest"
and the following State tax cases:
- stamp duty
- payroll tax
- land tax
- First Home Owners Grant.
- Consistent high quality of case reporting.
- Cases reported from a tax perspective.
- Ensures you have a comprehensive, up-to-date collection of cases to enhance your research of problem solving by providing high currency of fully reported cases (particularly online where service includes access to Latest Judgements and Headnotes. The Headnotes are published as soon as they are available and are written by legal and accounting practitioners who provide an accurate summary of each case. All Headnotes include catchwords to make researching easier).
- A collection extending back more than 20 years (50+ Volumes) and covers all major courts and tribunals exercising tax jurisdiction for that period.
- Coverage of not only income tax but also other taxes - for example, GST, FBT and state taxes such as Stamp Duty and Land Tax.