Thomson Reuters Tax Q & A Database
Thomson Reuters Tax Q&A Database – Tax Reference
Thomson Reuters Tax Q&A Database is a tax reference resource that contains questions and answers received from the Thomson Reuters Tax Q&A Service. Responses to the service are now prepared by Moore Stephens Perth.
Questions and answers are archived in the Thomson Reuters Q&A Database where they may be helpful in solving issues faced by other subscribers, and include a 'Last Review' date to inform users of the currency of the answers. Content is arranged in an easy to follow Q & A style so that busy practitioners can refer to questions and have quick solutions to any problems encountered.
Answers are built on tax issues that relate to actual situations encountered by tax practitioners in giving day-to-day advice and addressing aspects of law not considered by the ATO. The Database focuses on hot topics that alert readers to practical pitfalls (client risks) and opportunities associated with new tax developments (cases, rulings, legislation). New questions and answers are added and existing entries are periodically checked for currency into the Service.
Note: A separate subscription to the Thomson Reuters Tax Q&A Service is required to be able to submit questions.
- Find the answer to over 350 tax questions ranging from Accessible Income to Witholding Tax, fast;
- Submit your own questions to receive a response from Thomson's tax writers;
- Easy to follow style - the question sets out the facts; the answer provides the solution;
- Answers provide clear, practical guidance ensuring you understand the impact of developments in tax law;
- In addition, you are alerted to tax traps and provided with tips on how to take advantages of favourable applications of a particular provision of the tax law;
- The answers address aspects of the law not often considered by the ATO, and are supported by examples demonstrating how to put the information into practice;
- Furthermore answers are cross referenced to the relevant section in the Australian Tax Handbook for further guidance on the law and practice;
- Online questions and answers are regularly updated so that they keep pace with current law and practice. Old or replaced questions and answers are archived for reference.